Let Dr. David C. Woodburn help to maintain your oral health with regular dental exams, teeth cleanings, and preventive dentistry. Regular dental exams every six months can detect problems early, presenting the opportunity to deal with them in a timely and appropriate manner.
Each dental exam is customized to your particular situation, but typical preventive dentistry care includes:
- Visual examination to check for tooth decay on the biting surfaces, signs of wear, cracks, and damage to fillings or crowns
- Teeth cleaning: the removal of plaque, tartar, and bacteria which cause tooth decay and gum disease
- Careful examination of the gums for signs of gingivitis or periodontal disease
- Diagnosis of any sores or lesions on the soft tissues of the mouth to screen for signs of oral cancer
- X-rays to screen for: decay between and inside teeth, tartar on the teeth and within roots, loss of bone around the teeth, cysts and abscesses
- Examination of the jaw joint as needed to diagnose problems with biting or TMJ
- A homecare review and necessary advice on appropriate diet for maintaining oral health
Call 806-358-7471 to schedule your appointment today!