Custom-Fit Restorations in a Single Appointment
Using the CEREC system, Dr. Woodburn can create and implant custom-fit ceramic restorations in a single appointment. Consisting of an infrared digital camera, 3-D imaging computer, and milling unit with diamond blades, the CEREC system custom prints precise and highly detailed tooth restorations that are so lifelike, they must be seen to be believed. CEREC produces custom-fit, true-to-life ceramic restorations including crowns, onlays, veneers, and fillings. Because ceramic is more similar to natural teeth than metals and alloys, it expands and contracts like natural teeth during temperature changes, minimizing cracking and other problems. Other benefits include fewer injections, less drilling, less material removed from the damaged tooth, and less time to complete.
Simple 5 Step Process:
- Dr. Woodburn examines your tooth and determines the proper treatment.
- After application of anesthesia, the damaged part of the tooth is removed and an optical impression (digital photograph) is taken.
- The computer converts this data into a three-dimensional virtual image that allows the dentist to design the restoration that’s right for you.
- Dimensions of the restoration are sent to the milling machine, which shapes a ceramic block to create the restoration in 10-20 minutes.
- The restoration is tried for fit in your mouth, polished and bonded to your tooth.